The strength of TdD is its versatility both from the production point of view and from the wide range of products that allows it to satisfy the most diverse needs of a clientele that boasts historical names in Italian and foreign textiles.
This proactive and customer-oriented approach has led TdD to become interested in issues related to sustainability and specifically to the limitation of toxic and harmful chemicals, dangerous for humans and the environment, in production processes. The company has therefore decided to deal with the issue of the risk of dangerous chemicals in a systemic way, integrating activities and controls in the production cycles aimed at reducing their presence both in processing and on products delivered to customers.
Precisely because it is convinced that it really wants to achieve the goal, the company management has decided to build a structured and entrepreneurially valid path, trying to orient its raw material suppliers and third party work towards these values. The project integrates the values of sustainability and in particular of the management of chemical substances in production, in the management choices, according to a protocol developed by our partner 4sustainability® in reference to the Roadmaptozero di ZDHC.
Furthermore, the very nature of two districts, the Como and Prato ones, in which the company is well established with two distinct offices, leads TdD not to be completely vertical but to collaborate with other companies in the supply chain: the objective that the company therefore, it cannot help but keep these characteristics of the district in mind, in the search for collaborations and partnerships with companies that share the same values of attention to environmental protection, innovation and chemical risk management.
The corporate intentions on the topic of sustainability therefore want to be an integral part of the strategic decisions of Torcitura di Domaso and in this sense the following macro-objectives have been identified:
- constantly seek legislative compliance and direct choices towards suppliers and partners who pursue it;
- consider the environmental impact of the company activity from the sample design;
- undertake to reduce the impact deriving from the use of chemical products harmful to man and the environment along the production chain, according to the state of progress of the technical knowledge on the matter, through the implementation of the MRSL ZDHC (Manufacturing Restricted Substances List);
- prefer productive and organizational choices functional to saving natural and energy resources;
- adopt management techniques and tools aimed at continuous improvement.